Familiar Technologies: MSX recording software and GunLink control, experienced troubleshooting and problem solving in deploying and retrieving cable, maintaining a data log.
Regions of the world you have worked: Uruguay, Chile, Africa, Greenland, Denmark, Portugal
Resume: Three plus years experience as a Marine Seismic Observer using MSX recording software and GunLink control.
Three plus years experience troubleshooting and problem solving in deploying and retrieving cable.
Five plus years experience providing computer support to clients over the telephone as well as on site.
Installed, upgraded and troubleshoot desktop hardware and software applications (CD ROM problems, application errors, etc.)
Broad knowledge of desktop hardware including PCs and laptops, as well as all desktop operating systems including Windows 98, ME, 2000, NT, XP and Windows 7, Unix, Networking (Novell Network ) and email services.
Five plus year experience setting up networks and providing network support.
Advanced problem solving, time management and analytical skills.
Very well organized, with demonstrated ability to prioritize work.
An enthusiastic and committed team player with excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
• MED A1
• Marine First Aid
Online Support, Rogers Blackberry – Kentville NS
Jan 1, 2011- present
Technical Support Agent
• Online technical support for Rogers Blackberry.
MacLeod Contracting – Halifax NS
• Assisted the General Contractor in all aspects of construction.
GSI – Calgary AB
• Responsible for the contracted GSI seismic gear on the Shatskiy.
• I reported to GSI, Houston, Texas on a monthly basis on the status of the cable and more frequently when problems occurred.
• I coordinated events between prospective clients and GSI to review complete system operation.
Portugal- Jan 09, 2009 – March 19, 2009 Ship Name- The Shatskiy
Greenland- Oct 06, 2008 – Nov 25, 2008 Ship Name- The Shatskiy
GSI – Calgary AB
• I recorded and logged seismic data.
• I worked in production with four streamer MSX cable.
• I deployed and retrieved cable.
• I troubleshoot any issues with the cable when problems occurred.
• Responsible for Inventory, shipping and receiving.
Uruguay- June 14, 2008 – July 29, 2008 Ship Name- The Admiral
Chile- March 06, 2008 – April 25, 2008 Ship Name- The Admiral
Ivory Coast- Nov 19, 2007 – Dec 20, 2007 Ship Name- The Admiral
Ivory Coast- Aug 23, 2007 – Oct 04, 2007 Ship Name- The Admiral
Nu-Air – Windsor NS
Assembly Line Production
• Team Lead of Assembly Line Production team.
• Building Air ventilation and Heat recovery units, soldering, wiring, programming motors, testing and packaging.
Smart Start Program, HRDC- Windsor NS
Entrepreneur Course (Business Development Program)
A detailed course outlining the fundamentals of running a business.
CDI College- Halifax NS
Computer/Networking Service Technician
Course included: Digital Electronics, Basic Electronics, Trouble Shooting PC’s, Novell Network 3, Operating Systems- DOS 6.22, Windows and Unix.